LinkedIn is the premier social network for professionals, with over 175 million members worldwide. By joining LinkedIn as a financial advisor (basic membership is free), you can project your professional persona to an educated and affluent audience, connect with existing clients and colleagues, and cultivate client prospects.
An attractive social network*
- 91% of financial advisors choose LinkedIn for their business social network
- 62% of advisors who prospected on LinkedIn gained new clients
- 4 out of 5 LinkedIn members drive business decisions
- 1.3 million small business owners are LinkedIn members
- 93% of U.S. members are more likely to be college graduates than the average adult online
- 5 million affluent investors use social media to research financial decisions
The power of connections
- Complete your profile – Be thorough and accurate with your personal information and experience
- Build your Contacts – Add to your network of connections, starting with your email contacts, alumni contacts, and employer contacts
- Join related groups – Stay informed and make new connections with colleagues or client prospects
*Source: LinkedIn/FTI Consulting, 2012.
This content is offered for informational purposes only and is not meant as an endorsement for any particular app, mobile device, or social networking site.