5 ways to optimize your LinkedIn profile
- Add your picture
Choose an image where you’re in a professional setting, dressed appropriately, and either smiling or looking slightly off-camera.
- Use your professional name
Use the name you go by professionally; if it’s a nickname, use it. Be sure to include both your maiden and married names if applicable.
- Write a great headline
Your headline tells what you do, not your job title. The words “Financial Advisor” should appear in your headline.
- Include your official job title
If your official job title is different from what you wrote as your headline, be sure to include it here.
- Optimize your URL
LinkedIn will assign you a random URL. To make your profile more easily searchable on Google and for others looking for you, change the URL to something that better matches your name.
- Under the Profile dropdown, choose Edit Profile
- Next to Public Profile, you’ll see your LinkedIn URL
- Click Edit to change the URL
- To the right, in the Your public profile URL dialog box, click Customize your public profile URL
- Choose a URL that matches your name, e.g., firstnamelastname
- Click Set Custom URL to save your change
Other related tips:
See all Social Media tips